Keto Orange Creamsicles are a great summer treat!
These are really creamy! and i recommend making them with grass fed heavy cream to help get more nutrients! at about 18g of fats per serve and 7g of carbs these should not be overdone! most of those carbs are from sugar alcohols so they won’t affect your blood sugar but everyone reacts different to Erythritol so SweetLeaf can be used instead.
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 3/4 cup heavy cream, preferably grass-fed
- Zest from one orange
- 3 Tablespoons SweetLeaf /Erythritol mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Orange Extract
- Popsicle Mold or Premium Popsicle Mold
- Dissolve gelatin in the 1/2 cup water. this can take up to 5 minutes
- In a medium pot or saucepan whisk up the Heavy Cream, Orange Zest, Eggs and SweetLeaf / Erythritol
- Mix on a low heat and slowly add the gelatin/water mix (keep mixing and slowly bring the heat up to 140f (60c) for 3 mins
- once you have kept at 140f for 3 mins, turn off heat and allow to cool to about 110f (43c)
- Add in the Orange Extract and Vanilla Extract
- Pour into Popsicle molds and place in the freezer for about 5 hours minimum.
- To pop out of the molds use hot water on the molds.
7.5g Net Carbs, 3g Protein, 18g fats
Recipe courtesy from – http://simplysohealthy.com/low-carb-orange-creamsicles/