This easy to make and delicious shakshuka recipe would be an excellent choice for a holiday breakfast or brunch, or even a weeknight dinner. To make it a truly amazing dish, top it with sliced avocado and fresh basil.
Serving : 2
Total carbs: 8
NET carbs per serving: 4
- Olive oil – 1 Tbsp + more for drizzling
- 1/2 Onion, sliced
- 1/4 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp, salt
- 150g baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Eggs
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and chilli and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes, until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add garlic, coriander , cinnamon and salt and cook, stirring, for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add spinach and lemon juice. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes, until spinach is soft. Spread spinach evenly over base of the pan.
- Break the eggs into the pan. Increase heat to medium , cover and cook for 4-5 minutes until the whites are set and the yolks are cooked but runny. Remove the pan from the heat. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper and oregano .
Serve hot, directly from the pan.