A delicious Mexican style chilli chicken recipe made with a fresh Cayenne pepper. Made using one pan. Simple to make and keto friendly.
- 300 gram Chopped Chicken Breast (Cut into 2-3 cm pieces)
- 150-200 g Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 60-70 gram Baby Spinach
- 100 button Mushrooms
- 1 spring onion (chopped)
- 1 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 each green and red fresh cayenne chilli
- 1/2 Tbsp Mexican Spice Blend (Chile Powder, Smoked Paprika, Garlic Powder, Ground
- Cumin & Dried Mexican Oregano)
- Cut chicken breast in 2-3 cm pieces. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels; place in a large bowl. Add the mushroom cut pieces; season with salt, pepper, and mexican spice blend to coat. Stir to coat.
- In a large pan, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the seasoned chicken and mushrooms in an even layer. Cook, 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- To the pan, add the prepared cayenne chilli mixture and chopped garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the crushed tomatoes. Cook 7 to 8 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Add the spinach; loosely cover the pan with foil and cook, without stirring, 3 to 4 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted and the chicken is cooked through. Turn off the heat and stir to combine.