In less than 5 minutes you can learn the art of making world’s Tastiest Creamy Chicken Korma. Its my grandma’s secret recipe, you will not find anywhere. Chicken Korma is our family favorite recipe for any feast. The twist of almond sauce is too good to try. A little spicy kick is awesome. This easy chicken korma recipe is mild and rich with cream, but it’s still really tasty. Serve with naan bread and/or rice.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Medium brown onion
- 4 Whole cloves
- 1 Black cardamom pod, crushed
- 2 Skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cm/1½in piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 Tsp ground coriander
- ¼ Tsp ground allspice
- 1 Tsp ground cumin
- ½ Tsp ground turmeric
- 2 Tsp tomato purée
- 1 Large green chili
- 50g Ground almonds
- 100ml Cooking cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 20g Flaked almonds
- Chopped coriander/green chilies, to garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or frying pan. Once hot, fry the onion, cloves and cardamom pods for a few minutes until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the chicken, garlic and ginger and, after frying for 4 minutes, add all the remaining spices. Stir around in the pan, allowing them to release their flavor into the chicken.
- Add the tomato puree, ground almonds and cream and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 15 minutes until reduced to the consistency of thick cream. Taste and add seasoning if it needs it.
- Scatter over the toasted almonds and chopped coriander, if using.
Credit goes to u/foodfixture