Its far better than chicken nuggets if you are looking for a healthier way to enjoy homemade chicken bites. This easy Air Fryer Chicken bites recipe is seasoned to perfection and cooked in the air fryer until perfectly golden and crispy. Serve with dipping sauces for a satisfying and kid-friendly dinner in under 30 minutes.
These bites of chicken breast, covered in a sweet and gooey sauce are irresistible. Have them as a cheeky snack or serve with a salad and a potato side for a complete meal. Kids and adults love them. Chicken bites are a childhood classic that no kid will turn down. But adults like them equally well, so you can serve them to the whole family. Making chicken bites in the air fryer cuts down on fat and calories compared to store-bought, deep-fried, or fast food versions. Plus they are dairy-free and can easily be adapted to be gluten-free.
- 60 gram (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 2 Eggs
- 300 gram chicken breast, cut into 3 cm pieces
- Green shallots, sliced, to serve
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 40 g butter
- Combine the flour , salt, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika in a shallow bowl.
- Place corn flour in a separate shallow bowl. Add eggs to another shallow bowl and lightly whisk. Dip chicken pieces, a few at a time, into the corn flour. Shake off excess, then dip into the egg and then the seasoned flour, shaking off any excess.
- Place half the chicken pieces in the basket of an air fryer and spray with oil. Air fry at 180C for 10 minutes. Set aside and keep warm. Repeat to make the second batch. Place in a bowl.
- To make the sauce, combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes. Pour over the chicken and gently toss to coat.
Transfer chicken to a serving bowl and sprinkle with shallot and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Credit goes to u/foodfixture