Keto Recipe Liver And Onions Is Great When Cooked Properly and its full of nutrients. There is a choice of liver either beef or lamb/goat. Liver is one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet and when cooked correctly its not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be!! Here’s a simple goat liver recipe with just a little oil, seasoning, hint of flour, and a whole lot of onion. This liver recipe cooks up quickly.
Total Carbs: 9 gram
Carbs per serving: 3 gram
- 500-600 gram beef or goat/lamb liver
- 1 large onion (Cut into slices)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon white pepper
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 Green chili (chopped)
- Parsley (for garnish)
- Add milk and vinegar to a shallow bowl. Mix thoroughly. Cut the liver into 3cm strips and soak in the milk and vinegar mixture for 25 minutes to remove any bitterness.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring regularly, for 10 -12 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan. Pat the liver dry, place on a plate and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add the liver to the pan. Fry for 2 minutes ensuring that the butter does not burn. Turn the liver over and fry for 2 minutes more until brown
- Cover with a lid and cook on low heat, stirring occasionally, fora further 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and green chili to serve.