Tandoori Chicken Drumsticks with Vegetable Masala Rice is the tasty gluten free recipe. This dinner is as easy as they come. Full of flavour and loaded with tandoori masala and rice, it’s a weeknight winner. Chicken tandoori is a traditional Indian dish of chicken marinated in citrus, and spices, and then grilled or broiled or oven baked. The name comes from the cylindrical clay oven, or tandoor, in which the dish is traditionally prepared. The chicken is best marinated overnight, but if you’re in a time crunch, a few hours will do just fine. Serve with Homemade Naan, Basmati Rice Pilaf or a refreshing Cucumber Mint Salad. Kids love this one too!
For Tandoori Chicken:
- 800-1000 gram chicken drumsticks (skin on) 5-6
- Salt and pepper 1 tsp each
- Cayenne Pepper 1 tsp
- Paprika 1 tsp
- Curry powder or tandoori masala 1 tsp
- Olive oil 2 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice (1/2 lemon large or 1 medium or two small)
Vegetable Masala Rice:
- Basmati rice (or any long grain) 1 cup (soak in water)
- Chargrilled vegetables in tomato sauce 350 gram (You can use tomato paste and vegetables separately)
- Season with slat and pepper
- Chicken stock 1 and 1/2 cups
- Using a very sharp knife, make 2 or 3 slashes in each drumstick. Place the drumsticks in a large bowl. Add salt pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, tandoori masala or curry powder, olive oil and lemon juice and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hour
- In a sauce pan add chargrilled vegetables in a tomato sauce and cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and mix well. when chicken stock starts boiling add rice. Cook until little water remains. COven and simmer for 15 minutes
- Take out drumsticks from the fridge and fry in a large pan with olive oil for 2 minutes each side before baking in the oven.
- In a large baking tray, add first layer of rice and top with fried drumsticks, add all the juice on top of drumsticks.
- Cover baking tray in aluminium foil and Bake in oven at 180 C for 20 minutes.