Tasty Shawarma Rice Platter with Tomato Salad is very easy and flavorsome recipe. it’s so easy to make at home that you don’t need to go out to find it. The best thing about shawarma at home is that you can customize the flavors to what your family likes best. Also, it just tastes so much more fresh and flavorful that way.
- 400 gram beef flap steak, cut into thin slices (Shawarma cut)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large lemons, juiced
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Boiled rice (left over for best taste)
- I/4 cucumber
- 1/4 tomato
- 1/4 red onion
- Yogurt or tahini sauce to serve
- Slice the flap steak into small, thin slices. Transfer into a bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, and spices to the beef flat cuts. Mix to evenly marinate the steak. Cover and place in the fridge for minimum 1 hour or maximum 24 hours.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in pan, add garlic minced and pinch of turmeric and mix in left over boiled white rice or if dont have left over then boil rice separately.
- Cut cucumber, tomato and red onion for the salad
- Heat a well-oiled skillet or pan over high heat. Add the marinated meat and cook just until redness is gone and the beef turns a dark brown color. Remove from heat.
- Serve in a in a salad with rice.