These easy butter chicken skewers can be cooked in a oven, chargrill pan or on the barbecue. Enjoy the flavour of butter chicken in a different way! Bring the flavors of butter chicken to your next barbecue with this nutritionally approved chicken skewer recipe. It’s perfect for alfresco lunches and dinners.
- 4-5 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 350 gram chicken breast
- 4 wooden skewers soaked in water
- 1/2 carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/4 bunch mint, leaves picked
- 3/4 lemon, zested, juiced
- 1 Lebanese cucumbers, deseeded, coarsely grated
- 2-3 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- Few Mint leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Cucumber chopped
- Basmati rice or naan bread for serving
- Combine 1/2 cup yoghurt and all marinade spices in a medium bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Thread chicken on 4 wooden skewers, then place in a large dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavours to infuse.
- Meanwhile, place carrot, onion and half of the mint in a medium bowl. Season with pepper. Drizzle over lemon juice and oil and toss to combine.
- Roughly chop remaining mint leaves and place in a small bowl with cucumber, lemon zest, and remaining yoghurt. Season with pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Preheat barbecue grill or chargrill pan over medium heat. Cook skewers for 5 minutes on each side or until charred and cooked through. Serve skewers with rice, carrot salad and yoghurt mixture. (You can also cook in oven at 180 C for 20 minutes )