So often we get sick of bacon and eggs for breakfast.. it happens to all of us. Well this may be your next favourite. These are good to premake and keep in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days. They can be a little tricky to master, But after 2-4 batches you will start to have it down pat!
396 Calories, 7g Net Carbs, 54g Fat, 17g protein per bagel.
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1.5 cups Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Xanthan gum
- 4 Tbsp. cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- Optionally you can add a tsp of Stevia powder(SweetLeaf) to the mix to sweeten them.
- Optionally you can add Blueberry Flavoring or similar to add flavour to the mix
- Optionally you can add Blueberries to the dough, just a very small handful.
Adjust these according to your preference.
- Preheat the oven to 400f (204c)
- Mix almond flour, Xanthan Gum and eggs in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Place Mozzarella and the Cream Cheese in a saucepan or a pot on a low heat until melted.
- Once the mix is melted combine with your other mixture and knead well until combined. (get yourself a Sunbeam Mixer, it makes it so much easier on the arms)
- Roll your kneaded dough into long longs and place into your donut pan
- sprinkle on your toppings and bake for 18 mins or until golden brown. (Optionally you can paint on a little Grass-Fed Butter over the top of the toppings to hold them on better)
One Reddit user likes them with a cream cheese and chives.
Recipe courtesy from: /r/ketorecipes