All credit goes to foodfixture!
The crispy boneless chicken thighs in a thick and creamy mushroom sauce with garlic, herbs and parmesan cheese is the weeknight dinner everyone likes about! Served over rice, pasta, mashed potatoes OR low carb Keto options like mashed cauliflower or zucchini noodles, this would have to be one of the best ways to enjoy boneless chicken thighs!
Video recipe: https://youtu.be/o_1cwRNijdo
400 g boneless skinless chicken thighs (around 4 fillets)
1/2 teaspoon each onion powder and garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon each of dried thyme, oregano and rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
For Creamy Mushroom Sauce
1 tablespoon butter
150 g sliced brown mushrooms
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
1/4 teaspoon each of dried thyme and dried rosemary (adjust to your taste)
1/2 cups heavy cream / thickened cream
1/2 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
– Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towel and trim off excess fat. Combine the onion powder, garlic powder, herbs, salt and pepper. Coat the chicken evenly with the combined seasoning.
– Heat 1 tablespoon of oil a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sear chicken thigh until browned on each side and no longer pink in center. Transfer to a plate; set aside and keep warm.
– To the same pan or skillet, melt the butter and add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and cook until soft . Add the garlic, parsley, thyme and rosemary; sauté until fragrant (about 1 minute).
– Stir in cream, bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and continue cooking until sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in the parmesan cheese and allow it to melt through the sauce for a further 2 minutes, while occasionally stirring.
– Return chicken to the pan. Taste test and season with salt and pepper to your taste. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Check out this chicken recipe: “Crack Chicken” with Cauliflower Rice