These are some of my favorite snacks to eat. I usually eat at least 1 a day. I love the taste of lemon though and find the texture of these muffins to be as close as I have had to flour based muffins.
The lemon zest really helps you notice the flavor more and the grainy texture less.
- 3/4 cup Almond Meal
- 1/4 cup Flaxseed Meal
- 1/3 cup Erythritol
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp. Poppy Seeds
- 1/4 cup Salted Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 large Eggs
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- 3 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 25 drops Liquid Stevia
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Mix together the Almond Meal, Flaxseed Meal, Erythritol and poppy seeds in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the melted butter, eggs, and heavy cream and mix well. Ensuring there are no lumps.
- Once smooth and mixed well, add in the baking powder, liquid stevia, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice and continue to mix well. (Sunbeam Mixer works well.)
- Split the mixture into 12 equal Cupcake Baking Cups. (Or you can use these Silicon Cupcake Molds)
- bake until brown on top (around 18-20 minutes)
- Let sit for around 10 minutes to cool.
Each muffin works out to be 129 Calories, 11.3g Fats, 1.5g Net Carbs, and 3.7g Protein.
Recipe courtesy of Ruled.Me