Prepare time: 10 min
Cook: 20 min
Ready in: 30 min
These are some of my favorite snacks to eat. I usually eat at least 1 a day. I love the taste of lemon though and find the texture of these muffins to be as close as I have had to flour based muffins.
The lemon zest really helps you notice the flavor more and the grainy texture less.
- 3/4 cup Almond Meal
- 1/4 cup Flaxseed Meal
- 1/3 cup Erythritol
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp. Poppy Seeds
- 1/4 cup Salted Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 large Eggs
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- 3 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 25 drops Liquid Stevia
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Mix together the Almond Meal, Flaxseed Meal, Erythritol and poppy seeds in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the melted butter, eggs, and heavy cream and mix well. Ensuring there are no lumps.
- Once smooth and mixed well, add in the baking powder, liquid stevia, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice and continue to mix well. (Sunbeam Mixer works well.)
- Split the mixture into 12 equal Cupcake Baking Cups. (Or you can use these Silicon Cupcake Molds)
- bake until brown on top (around 18-20 minutes)
- Let sit for around 10 minutes to cool.
Each muffin works out to be 129 Calories, 11.3g Fats, 1.5g Net Carbs, and 3.7g Protein.
Recipe courtesy of Ruled.Me
I’m sure my kids are going to love this muffin recipe! I can’t wait to try this! Thanks for sharing!