Before the low carb life, I loved Peanut Butter cups, I could eat them all day everyday.. Well i have missed them sorely since then, and only today did we finally manage to create something that tastes right!
I present the best tasting fudge you will ever taste and only 3.3g of net carbs per slice… Enjoy!
Each slice is roughly – 300 Cal, 19.8g Fats, 3.3g Net Carbs, and 4g Protein.
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Erythritol
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp. Xanthan Gum
- For The Toppings
- 1/3 cup Dark Chocolate
You can add the toppings either before or after pouring into the Muffin Tin as then you can make different toppings to give yourself some variety. Just watch your macros and try to estimate how much you are using of each ingredient.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Melt the butter and halve it, Half is for the base, the rest is for the fudge.
- Add cinnamon, Erythritol and salt (Just a pinch) and mix well, I used an Immersion Blender, But it’s not required.
- Once all mixed well, Spread mixture evenly onto some baking paper into a tray.
Bake it in the oven on 400 for about 10 minutes, or until the outside is golden brown.Be sure to take it out and let it cool down before using it.
- Add the Cream, Peanut Butter, Erythritol, Vanilla Extract, Xanthan Gum and the rest of the melted butter all into a big bowl or blender, I used an Immersion Blender, But you can blend it, or mix it manually.
- Just make sure it’s all mixed well (see image below) Even if you really want to eat it all, Don’t…we need it.
- Now take your cooled base, and spread the fudge evenly over the top of it.
- It’s easier to plop into the middle and spread out in circles using a large spoon or similar.
Try to get it as even as you can.
- Once completely covered, Grate some Dark Chocolate onto the top, we used the Stevia sweetened one from Amazon.
- Lastly, Freeze overnight, or chuck them in the freezer for an hour then slice into bars, squares or however you see fit!
These bad boys will go quick and taste exactly like Peanut Butter Cups!
Be warned, they do not stay cold for long, so if you are taking them with you, chuck an ice block in your lunchbox with it 😀 Enjoy!