Credits to: u/ketoLifestyleRecipes
3 net carbs per slice
Salty, tangy with a crispy golden brown Parm crust. My low carb fried green tomatoes are a super nice addition to a Sunday morning breakfast but you have to serve it fresh off the pan.
Here is a video version if you are interested on my method: https://youtu.be/xZvCw7mlFhk
- One – two large slightly pink green tomato 6 slices
- 2 TBSP almond flour, carbalose or lupin flour
- 2 egg whites beaten
- 2 TBSP freshly grated parmesan cheese
- (Sprinkle Parm works well too)
- ¼ cup pork rinds finely crushed
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 TBSP chopped parsley (optional)
- Large pinch of fresh ground pepper
- Refined coconut oil for frying or healthy oil of your choice
- Slice tomatoes into ⅜” thick slices
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl
- In a separate bowl mix flour, parmesan cheese, pork rinds, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper until well combined.
- Sprinkle salt over the sliced tomato surface.
- Dip the tomato slices into the egg whites.
- Dip tomato slices into the Parm/pork rind mixture, pressing in as you go and reserve battered tomato slices on a plate or platter.
- Preheat oil to medium heat in a non stick saucepan.
- Fry each side of the tomato to golden brown (about 2-4 minutes per side)
- Rest on a raised baking rack to firm up.
- Serve as is or with a fresh lemon aioli sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed into a paste.
- 1/2 cup keto friendly mayonnaise.
- A wedge of fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- A pinch of cayenne pepper and salt to taste.
- Mix the aioli ingredients in a bowl and rest in the fridge for 2 hours to let the flavors meld.
- Stir before serving.
Here’s another recipe that you can enjoy: Keto Chicken Tenders | Keto Recipes