Prepare time: 15 min
Cook: 25 min
Ready in: 40 min
One thing most people know about me is that I do not like zucchini, but when I saw this recipe I was determined to give it a try. After all it has Parmesan cheese, marinara sauce, garlic and ricotta so surely I can find my way to liking it.
Yup you surely can, I couldn’t even taste the zucchini, It was fantastic. Mostly tasted like pasta sauce and cheese, The ricotta was a nice touch too. The ravioli itself (zucchini) had no taste. so it was a great substitute and I will definitely make it again.
Try it out and let us know what you think in the comments!
Only thing that can be a worry is the marinara sauce so be sure to check out the bottle, everything else is quite low in carbs.
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 c. marinara sauce
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease up a large baking dish
- To make the noodles use a vegetable peeler to slice thing slices off the side of the zucchinis.. slice until you reach the center then flip it over.
- To make the filling lightly Beat the egg, Then add in ricotta, Parmesan, and 2 tablespoons of basil (thinly sliced), add salt and pepper if you wish.
- To assemble the ravioli lay two strips of zucchini slices so they are side by side length ways. Then lay two more slices on top the other way (perpendicular) so that you end up with a T shape.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling mixture into the center of the zucchini and start folding each side one at a time over the filling. Turn it upside down and place in your greased baking dish. repeat until you have used all the zucchini.
- Pour marinara sauce around the zucchini ravioli.
- Add mozzarella cheese on top of the ravioli and bake for 20-30 mins or until the cheese is golden brown.
- When ready top with basil and Parmesan and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Delish
Watch the video here!