Credits to: u/moresweetthansalty
Almond Cake (Keto Lady Finger):
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (for greasing the baking pan)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- 1/2 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup strong coffee or espresso brewed
- 1-2 tbsp rum or brandy
- 1 tbsp unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1 pkg Simply Delish instant chocolate pudding
Almond Cake (keto Lady Finger):
- Grease a 6 inch round pan with butter. Line with parchment paper and grease with butter again. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Combine the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Separate the eggs. With an electric mixer, beat the yolks and sweeteners until thick and lemon colored. Beat in the vanilla, almond extract and cream of tartar. Fold in the almond flour.
- With a clean bowl and beaters, beat the egg whites to firm peaks. Stir 1/4 into the almond mixture. Fold in 1/2 of the remaining whites until barely combined and then the remaining 1/2 until thoroughly combined. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is light brown. Let cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg yolks, monkfruit sweetener until thick and lemon colored.
- Place mixture on top of a double boiler over boiling water. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add mascarpone cheese and powder gelatin, beating well.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat heavy or whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg yolk mixture. Add vanilla and or coffee extract if desired. Set aside.
- Follow the instructions listed on your Simply Delish package.
- Slice the almond cake into 3 equal layers.
- Combine the rum and espresso in a small bowl.
- Spread a small amount of mascarpone mixture onto the cake base.
- Using a brush, lightly coat the cake layers with the espresso mix being careful not to get them too wet. If it’s too wet the cake won’t be stable.
- Place the first layer on top of the small amount of mascarpone mixture and pipe a border around the top of your cake.
- Fill in the center with your Simply Delish chocolate pudding and spread evenly, repeat the process.
- Coat the cake with the rest of the mascarpone mixture. If it’s too runny, place in the fridge for 15 minutes and then coat the cake.
- Sift cocoa powder on the top to finish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 5 hrs.
Here is another sweet treat for you to try: Keto Caramel Turtle Cheesecake | Keto Recipes