Credits to: u/Krissy_loo
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 1/2 head of large cabbage, shredded
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 scallions/green onions; chopped; separate the white pieces from the light green parts
- 1/2 TB garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (you may not use all of it depending on how fast everything cooks/browns)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Starting in a cold pan, cook bacon on medium heat until crispy (8-10 minutes). Once crispy, drain bacon on paper towels, and be careful to keep rendered bacon fat in the pan.
- Add chopped onion and whites of scallions to the pan. Fry, uncovered, about 10 minutes (until brown). If onions start to burn, deglaze with a tsp or two of chicken broth.
- Once onions are cooked, add garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add sliced cabbage to the pan, and also add the greens of the chopped scallions. Cover, and cook everything 15-20 minutes until cabbage is at desired texture. Stir every 5 minutes or so and add a tsp or two of chicken broth, as needed, to keep things from burning/sticking.
- Crumble cooked bacon and top the cabbage with it.
- Enjoy! So easy and tasty.
Check out this delicious recipe just for you: Lettuce wraps | Keto Recipes