Credits to: u/trashponder
It’s true you can use any meat and veg handy. If you only have ground meat add at the same time, in small pieces, also left to steam as directed with the sliced meat.
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Stalk of broccoli
- Three very small sweet potatoes
- Minced garlic
- Black garlic
- A cup of chopped red onion
- Whole cherry tomatoes
- Red pepper
- 1/4 cup grated cheese or cheese substitute
- Begin by taking meat out of fridge, layering it in fine salt and pepper. Rest it for at least 20 minutes, preferably near the hot stove or under a light.
- In a large saucepan add 6 tablespoons olive oil. Place on medium high.
- Put in your toughest veggies first. Here we have a stalk of broccoli and three very small sweet potatoes. Remove outer layer of broccoli stalk, cut it finely. Cut everything bite size.
- Keep the lid on when not stirring or adding. The moisture and heat cooks the hard stuff faster.
- Add minced garlic and black garlic, along with a cup of chopped red onion. Add whole cherry tomatoes. Season with a dash of red pepper, pepper and just a bit of salt. The meat will add more salt.
- Cut steak into bite-size pieces and sprinkle on top of stirred veggies. Let the meat steam on top for a few minutes.
- Add a 1/4 cup grated cheese or cheese substitute when broccoli and potatoes are soft. Cover for 10 minutes with the heat off. Stir and serve, with protein bread if desired.
This is one of those dishes that gets even better as left-overs. Mommas all over the world have depended on this simple stew forever, it makes time to do all the other chores the next day!