Keto Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
Ingredients for Cauliflower Crust (Recipe by Chef Buck):
1 large egg
1 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
2 cups of grated Cauliflower
Ingredients for the Sauce:
100 g of Roma Tomatoes
2 tbsp of Olive Oil
Ingredients for the Toppings:
10 g of fresh Spinach leaves
5 g of fresh Arugula leaves
25 g of Italian Brown Mushrooms
65 g of Mozzarella Cheese
1 tbsp of sunflower seeds
- Skin the tomatoes and blend them in a food processor.
- In a small saucepan, combine 2 tbsp of Olive Oil , the tomato puree and the pizza seasoning mix and cook until the tomato sauce thickens a bit. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the toppings. Wash and dry the vegetables. Slice the mushrooms.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (or 205°C).
- Heat the grated cauliflower in a skillet on medium heat until it’s somewhat dry for at least 10 minutes. Stir frequently. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the egg, add the grated Parmesan Cheese to it and mix well.
- Add the dried cauliflower, mix well and put the mixture onto a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper).
- With your hands or a spatula, spread out the mixture into a pizza shape about ¼ inch thick and 10 inch wide.
- Place the cauliflower crust into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes until the crust gets golden and firm.
- Remove the cauliflower crust from the oven and top it with your tomato sauce and with the toppings.
- Place the pizza into the oven for another 10 minutes at the same temperature until the toppings are done and the mozzarella cheese melted.
Nutrition (1 whole pizza):
Carbohydrates: 19g (Net Carbs)