Thanks to: u/sammysamgirl
Serves: 8 Slices
Nutrition for 1/8th of cake: 300 cals | 27.1g fat | 5.6g NET carbs | 6.7g protein | 3.3g fiber
- 1 container of fresh strawberries, 300g
- Additional strawberries for topping
- 1 cup almond flour, 112g
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, 56g
- 1 1/2 tbsp arrowroot starch, 10g
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, 80g
- 1 cup powdered monkfruit sweetener, 160g
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 6 tbsp sour cream or heavy cream, at room temperature, 90g
- 1/4 cup strawberry pureé, 60g
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp red food colouring (optional)
- 1/2 cup cold heavy cream, 125ml
- 7 1/2 tbsp powdered monkfruit sweetener, 75g
- 1/4 cup softened cream cheese, 60g
- 2 tbsp strawberry pureé, 25-30ml
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 325*F.
- Add the strawberries to a food processor. Process into a pureé.
- Add the strawberry pureé to small pot over low-medium heat. Simmer this mixture, stirring every couple minutes for ~25 minutes or until reduced by about half.
- Pour the pureé into a bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- In another bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a larger bowl, add the coconut oil and powdered monkfruit sweetener. Whisk this mixture together to form a paste then add the eggs and whisk well until smooth.
- Add the sour cream, strawberry pureé and vanilla extract and whisk once more until smooth.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until a thick batter forms.
- Grease a 9-inch cake pan and spread the batter inside, evening out the top.
- Bake the cake for ~25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool fully in the pan before attempting to remove it. You can refrigerate it to speed up the process.
- Use a knife to gently go around the edges of the cake and then jiggle the pan a bit up and down/side to side until you feel the cake is loose. Then turn the cake out onto a large plate.
- To make the strawberry frosting, beat 1/2 cup heavy cream until it starts to thicken but isn’t quite whipped cream just yet (where it can form soft NOT stiff peaks or almost soft peaks).
- Beat in the sweetener just until blended.
- At this point I like to whip the softened cream cheese with a fork a little in a separate small bowl before adding it to the whipped cream along with the strawberry pureé and vanilla extract.
- Beat everything together just until combined and smooth. Don’t over-whip or your frosting will no longer be smooth!
- Spread the frosting over the top of the cake, top the frosting with sliced strawberries then slice and serve.
- I like to serve mine with even more sliced fresh strawberries (it’s great if you don’t mind a couple extra carbs). Enjoy your Keto Strawberry Cake!
Here’s another yummy cake recipe just for you: Keto Caramel Turtle Cheesecake | Keto Recipes