Credits to: u/sammysamgirl
Youtube How-To Video: https://youtu.be/XRMIRI4yWW0
Serves: 16 brownies
- 1 cup almond flour 112g
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder 36g
- 1 1/2 tbsp arrowroot starch 10g (optional, can replace with 2 tbsp almond flour)
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted salted butter, 60g
- 10 tbsp powdered monkfruit sweetener, 100g
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup stevia sweetened chocolate chips 120g
- 1/2 tbsp butter separate, 7g
- 1/4 cup stevia sweetened chocolate chips (optional, keep separate from the 1/2 cup)
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, 125ml
- 1 tbsp butter, 15g
- 5 tbsp powdered monkfruit sweetener, 50g
- 6 tbsp natural peanut butter, 100g
Peanut Butter Filling
- In a small pot, bring the heavy cream, butter and monkfruit sweetener to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to simmer, whisking occasionally for ~25 minutes or until reduced. It should easily coat the back of a spoon (see video for reference).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter.
- Pour this mixture into a bowl and set aside (or in the fridge) to cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together your almond flour, cocoa powder, arrowroot starch, espresso powder, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt. Set aside. ‘
- In another larger bowl, whisk together your melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract and sweeteners until smooth. Set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt your chocolate-chips and 1/2 tbsp butter in 30s increments, stirring each time until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour your melted chocolate into the butter and egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Add your dry ingredients and stir again until everything is combined and the batter becomes thick.
- Stir in an extra 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (optional).
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and press about 2/3 of your mixture evenly into the pan using a spatula or your hands to help.
- Pour the peanut butter filling over the brownie layer and use a spatula to even it out.
- Top the peanut butter layer with the remaining brownie batter by flattening chunks with your hands and then placing them/crumbling them on top.
- Bake for 18-20min. The peanut butter. brownies will still be quite soft but the centre shouldn’t jiggle when you shake the pan. Don’t over-bake!
- Let the brownies cool completely before lifting them from the pan. Slice into squares and serve! Enjoy The Best Low Carb Keto Brownies! (*Pro tip: these are great with a scoop of low carb ice cream or homemade sugar free whipped cream!)
Nutrition for 1/16th of recipe (1 brownie): 200 calories | 17.5g fat | 4.5 NET carbs | 4.7g protein | 5.6g fiber